Jeremy Smith, Acting General Manager
Phone: 518-270-3800 x115
Scott O’Reilly, Acting City Clerk
Phone: 518-270-3800 x116
2 Fifteenth Street, Suite B
Watervliet, NY 12189
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The City Clerk handles the following duties for the City of Watervliet:
- Records Access Officer
- Records Retention Manager
- Clerk to the City Council
- Administrator of City Elections
- Workers Compensation Administrator
- ADA Coordinator
- Affirmative Action Officer
- Health Insurance Administrator for all employees and retirees.
- FOIL Requests
The following licenses and permits may be obtained through this office:
- Motor Vehicle/Incident Reports - Reports may be obtained from the City Clerk's office if the incident was reported to the City of Watervliet's Police or Fire Departments. The reports cost is $.25 per page. You may use our Online Request Form or Download FOIL Request form for this information.
- Application for Parking Permit or License Plates for Persons with Severe Disabilities
Download Permit/License Plate Application for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Yard/Garage Sales - A permit is required to conduct a yard/garage sale in the City of Watervliet. The cost of the permit is $10.00 and must be obtained at least five (5) days in advance of the sale. You may obtain a two-day sale permit twice a year or a three-day sale permit once a year.
- Certified Marriage License - An appointment must be made with the City Clerk's office at least 24 hours in advance to obtain a license. Both applicants must appear to file for the license and provide proof of identification. Per New York State law, proof of identification is defined as a New York State Drivers license or New York State motor vehicle identification card, social security card and a copy of your birth certificate. Download application for a copy of a marriage record.
- Dog License - Dogs six (6) months and older must be licensed in the City of Watervliet. Proof of rabies vaccination and spay/neuter certificates are required. The fee for an unspayed/unneutered dog is $23.50. The fee for a spay/neutered dog is $13.50.
- Certificate of Residency - Students wishing to receive a reduced cost of tuition while attending Hudson Valley Community College or Schenectady County Community College may obtain a certificate in the City Clerk's Office. Proof of residency in the City of Watervliet is required. For more information contact the City Clerk.
- Vendor Permits - Soliciting door to door, canvassing, and distribution of advertising material or flyers requires a permit in the City of Watervliet. Applications are available in this office.
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses will be available in the City Clerk’s office in the near future. The City has submitted paperwork to NYSDEC and awaiting approval.