Director of Finance
Phone: 518-270-3800 x118
Suite A, First Floor
2 Fifteenth Street
Watervliet, NY 12189
To view taxes paid/owed and water and sewer paid/owed on properties (if payable to the City of Watervliet), please go to:
Once on the site enter watervliet as the username and watervliet as the password.
Payment of bills in person or over the counter: property tax and water bill payments must be paid at the Watervliet Branch of Pioneer Savings Bank. Payments can also be mailed to City Hall at 2 15th Street, Watervliet, New York 12189 to the attention of the Finance Director.
City Financial Documents:
- 2014 Budget (pdf of Power Point Presentation)
- 2013 Budget (pdf of Power Point Presentation)
- 2012 Budget (pdf of Power Point Presentation)
The Finance Department is responsible for all accounting and cash management duties for the City of Watervliet. The department also handles the collection of all property taxes, water and sewer rent payments and all subsidiary revenues to various funds and accounts.
This department is responsible for oversight of all expenditures from the annual City budget, investment of cash and City funds, and borrowing for long and short term debt. The Director of Finance arranges and puts to bid bond sales for Serial Bonds and Bond and Revenue Anticipation Notes.
- Property taxes - Property tax bills are mailed out the first week of January each year and are paid in one installment due January 31.
- Water and Sewer Rents - These bills are mailed out twice a year. The first installment covers November 1 to April 30 and is collected during the month of May. The second installment covers May 1 to October 31 and is collected during the month of November. All unpaid Water and Sewer Rents will be re-levied to the City Tax Bill.
- Payment of Bills - Payments may be made at the Finance Office in City Hall in the form of cash or check. Payment may also be made through the mail in the form of a check. All checks should be made payable to the City of Watervliet.
- On-line Payment - Taxes may now be paid on-line at www.Xpress-pay.com. Please note there is a fee associated with paying online collected by Xpress-Pay.
- School Taxes - These taxes are collected once a year and handled by the Watervliet City School District. If you have questions please contact the Watervliet School District Business Office at 518-629-3203.